Wednesday, January 11

New Year ♥

I love New Year. It's always been my favorite holiday or happening or whatever you want to call it. Mainly because of the fireworks. What other event has more firework displays other than New Year's Eve, right? Fireworks are so magical :>

Anyway, an hour before the clock struck 12 on New Year's Eve, me and my brother decided to climb up the roof and stay to watch some amazing firework displays for just a little while. About 10 minutes before the strike of midnight, we decided to go down to join our family. We traditionally light firecrackers/fireworks during New Year. Anyway, my brother got to go down oh so easily. I, on the other hand, couldn't go down because, well, I am smaller than my brother. While debating with my dad and my brother and after much teasing I got from them, the whole village turned black. The whole village experienced a black out. Why, hello Merville friends. I screamed my lungs out, because I was in the roof, alone with only the darkness. Oh the horror. And if that wasn't enough, I saw the electric pole beside our house spark. Eeeek! I seriously thought I was going to be final destination-ed. In panic, I almost jumped down the roof. :))

After that, we still lighted some fireworks and firecrackers. :))) I love our tradition. It's the only time when my immediate family is really, well, together, I guess? It's fun too. Hahaha. The lusis that my dad bought were defective though. Some of it exploded unexpectedly. Gaaah-so scary. It's my first time to light some kwitis too. :> I feel so daredevil-sh now. :))

For some unexplainable reason, we went to Antipolo after the peak of fireworks and firecrackers. Well, okay, I suggested it but I never thought that we'd actually do it. My dad just wanted to drive around and all, and I suggested that we go to Antipolo and we did. Hahaha. We didn't really know what to do and we rode there via multicab. Wow, ha. :))

It was an hour drive and it was my first time there. :> We went somewhere we could see the Manila skyline and it was kind of a lost cause since the smog covered everything :|


Still it's an awesome start of the New Year, so it seems.

What's great about the New Year and what I love about it the most (besides the fireworks, of course) is that we have a chance to start over. The New Year offers us a clean slate-a new beginning even, maybe. It's the chance to finally leave the fuck ups and the bullshit of the past year.

It's not to say that once the clock strikes 12, a life changing opportunity or moment will happen (though I'm not discarding that possibility). But you get the chance to do just that-a life changing something. The New Year is the hope that everything goes well, for the year to come, it's the chance to make things right.

Here's to a new year and to all the wrongs and rights that we are bound to do within the year. But most of all, to chances and hopes that can make things happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment