Sunday, April 15

Sleeping All Day, Staying Up All Night

Kind of just woke up from the sleep I had, after 24 full hours.  Wow, that's amazing.  Here I was, thinking that sleepless nights would be over and done with the academic school year.  But, you know, what is summer all about if not having a good time and well, living, I guess?  Hence, the title above, which will probably be the motto or the line that describes summer 2012 best.

So, yesterday, I went to the prayer meeting as I do every Saturday except last week because it was The Maine's concert here.  Sorry :|| :))  Anyway, I was a lamb at the Youth Life in the Spirit Seminar (YLSS) and I got to know my shepherd!  Yaaaay! I was suppose to know last week but, yeah, The Maine :)) Haha.  So my shepherd is Ate Chaz, and she is awesome sauce.  She seems really nice and she's musically talented and all, plus she was from UP Manila, so yeah. :>  I liked the prayer meeting yesterday because there was this part where we were asked to hug people in the community since the community is supposedly powered by the people's love for each other.  I was like "awwww, that's so sweet" and all.  So, everyone hugged each other and I got to hug a lot of people from the community.

I hugged everyone I saw.  I mean, it was weird because I didn't know whether or not these people were huggers or not.  Hahaha. When I saw someone, I automatically just hugged them, and then within the duration of the hug, I realize, "oh my goodness, I don't know this person, s/he might think I'm a weirdo" and when we pull away, I introduce myself and say, "Hi, I'm Bianca, what's your name?"  I'd really be weirded out by me if I didn't know me.  Sheezz, try to be normal sometimes, Bianca.  But yeah.  The whole segment was really touching and overwhelming since you can feel the love the community has. :>

Another significant thing about the prayer meeting yesterday was that I know one of the lambs from waaay before!  I mean, I knew her in elementary because we were schoolmates but she's like three years younger than me and all, so she used to call me "Ate Bianca" and it's so funny because she's so tall and big now-I think even taller than me.  Whoaahh, you kids grow up too fast!  Pluuuus, I had the biggest crush on her kuya which I confessed to her and adding "Wag mo sasabihin sa kuya mo aahh?" HAHAHA.  Oh, elementary days.  Out of excitement, I told someone else that we were schoolmates and all, and he said "Ooohh, really?  You look the same age now!"  Hihihihihi.  I am forever young.

After the prayer meeting/shepherding session, me and my brother went home only to go out and meet church people again.  Basically, we just went home to eat and chill for a while and by eight, nine or ten o'clock, we were out of the house again.  We walked to the Mauricio's home or "Mau's house" as it is usually called, apparently.  Their place is apparently the usual chill/hangout place for the community which is awesome sauce since the community can have some kind of a common house or a headquarters :)) lol, HQ.

So, it was my first time to hangout at Ate Rachel's and Hero's house so I was kind of awkward. alsjdklasjd.  People in the community seem to think I'm really quiet and shy but as everyone knows (everyone, except them, apparently :() I am loud and hyper and everything.  Hahahaha.  Really, guys, I'm just shy at the moment.  I'm just feeling the whole atmosphere at the moment, so yeah.

Other than being quiet, they also seem to think I'm a lot younger than my age.  It wasn't just yesterday but constantly all throughout my stay at prayer meetings and such, they have mistaken me for a high school student and the younger sister of my brother when I am the eldest child.  I would get the part being younger than my brother because he's so tall, and he wears glasses so yeah, he does look older than me.  But I didn't think I would pass off as a high school student.  And not just a high school student, their average estimate of my age or year level was that I'm in 2nd year or 3rd year high school.  Whadduup? :)) I don't really know if this is a good or bad thing, really.  It's flattering to look younger than your age, but wow, they mistake me 5 years younger than my real age.  Just to be clear, I am an incoming 3rd year in college.  Yeah, I felt the need to point that out.  Third year college guys.   Well, it could also be attributed to the fact that I can be a little immature or childish sometimes.  But blaaaah :))

Anyway, we played cards and board games and all.  There were a lot of people, like maybe 10 to 15 people?  Yeah.  They accommodate that much like every week or something like that.  Hahaha.  So some people played cards, some people played board games, some jammed outside and some exhibited their artistic skills through chalk art.  Wooo-hooo.  I am envious of the people who participated in the chalkart because I suck at art.  Or drawing, or maybe visual arts, really.  I was one of the people who played cards.  I won t the first card game I participated, yaaay.  I just learned it right there too.  Hahaha.  We played slap-jack and I lost everytime -.-  I was only playing with two other people, and they were boys and they were fast and I sucked. :((  I felt bad.

Later that night, when people started to go home, most of my time was spent outside with my brother (because I'm awkward with new people).  Someone (Josh) came with a bike and so, my brother took this opportunity to teach me-again.  I unlearned biking because I was only about 50% complete in learning when I quit.  Ha.ha.  Anyway, I got to about 40% again last night with the help of Carlo and Hero.  But then, I quit again because I was tired and beat up ;__; (kind of, but not really).  I need to really start finishing stuff.  Blah.

There were a lot of pictures and/or videos being taken so I'll post videos when they're uploaded and I'm too lazy to post pictures so yeah :))) 

Anyway, I didn't get to sleep, but everyone else did.  I think I was just uncomfortable with sleeping in someone else's home-in the living room and I was just shy, maybe?  And maybe because I didn't really feel sleepy at all because of my messed up sleeping schedule.  When I finally felt the sleepiness kick in, the sun shone so it took all that away.  le sigh.

Ate Rachel was so kind.  She kept worrying on what I wanted to do and I think she was determined to stay awake with me but she fell asleep too.  Anyway, she tried giving me art lessons, I failed. :((  We washed the chalkart together and she let me borrow her laptop so I can do something.  Hahaha.  But I didn't really want to use it that long unsupervised so I just logged on to twitter, scanned through the timeline and logged out. 

Then I was on my own.  I wrote some thoughts on a paper and there was still about an hour or so until the sun rose.  So I played City Blocks on my phone for God knows how long and I stared into nothingness thinking about things I can't even remember now.  My tolerance for boredom is so amazing.  This is probably from concert training.

When morning came, Hero was the first to wake up, then Mimi, then my brother and then Ate Rachel and then Ate Jem and Kyle was the last to wake up.  He was also the first to sleep which was kind of amusing for me.  Hahaha. 

I was, as I said above, new to the Mau's place so their dad asked me who I was, lol.  I was scared for a moment although they're all very very very over the top kind and warm people.  Anyway, they cooked breakfast and we all had breakfast together.  yaaay.  I only ate egg because I don't eat beef and pork so yeah.  It was nice eating breakfast together.  They made everyone feel so welcomed.  skdlfjsalkdjasl.  Mr. and Mrs. Mauricio are awesome people :') I hope no one even finds this blog because this is embarrassing :))

I led the prayer because I was new.  It was an awkward prayer because I was nervous because they are a family of God-loving people and I don't know but I was just so nervous, agh.  Me and my brother washed the dishes because we were new.  It was actually a pleasure doing the dishes with them but I may have come off as not so pleased.  Not unhappy though.  I don't even know. 

Anyway, after breakfast, Hero taught me a little drums, and I was kind of shy, so yeah.  Carlo ad Hero talked for a long time because he was teaching Carlo some guitar stuff.  It was entertaining to watch them.  It looked like a mentor-student thing but you know, more friendly.  Hahaha.  They were so adorable.  I got sleepy after a while because, well, hello, no sleep.  

We went home at about 12 noon and I ate lunch and went straight to sleep.  I missed mass because of this.  Actually because Carlo didn't wake me up.  Ugh. :|  But yeah.  Hihihi. :>


It was fun.  I felt like I was really part of the community yesterday and it felt nice. :)  I am happy and content at the moment.  I feel great that I was able to fulfill something as simple as staying up all night with friends :>  Hahahaha.  Call me shallow or whatever but that really made me happy.  :>