Friday, December 9

Twice on Television in One Day

I feel famous. looool, not really though. So I was probably in television twice tonight. Why? Today is the oblation run and I got to watch it for the first time. Also, my professor in Hum who was a former child star was featured in one of the programs in GMA and our class was one of the classes that were asked to participate. So yeah.

Sooo, our professor in Hum is a former child actor and GMA is doing a feature on child stars who are teaching right now. So voila, our professor was picked as one of the featurees (not a real word). Anyway, our class was at 7:00 and people from GMA arrived at 8:15 or something like that. They got lost; they thought it was going to be in UP Diliman. Gaaah. "Gusto ko sana sa class niyo yung kunan eehh, kasi dito madaming magaganda" Those were our professor's words. Mwahahaha. I feel flattered even if I know he's not even referring to me. :)) My appearance in television was confirmed by my friend. She said she saw me and my friend, Mary (who is beyond beautiful, by the way) when she was watching the news. So yeah. I'm too afraid to watch it since I probably look like crap. I didn't know so I didn't prepare, hahaha.

Anywaaaay, today is also the annual and the infamous Oblation Run. Brrrr- just typing it sends shivers down my spine. This year, I got to watch it for the first time and it was accidental too. Our classes dismissed at 11:30 and coincidentally, the Oblation Run this year starts at 11:30. I had no time to escape. Me and my friends were by the stairs and suddenly, the coordinators/organizers asked everyone to stay in place already because it was about to start. We were forbidden to go anywhere else-they said we might disrupt the flow of the run or something :|| TOTALLY NO ESCAPE. So me, Bia, Jessica and Ancie watched it together. Mary and Mel were at the other side of the lobby and they got to watch too. Mel and Mary are my friends who didn't want to watch it too, but got forced into watching it, like me. Hahaha.

Soo, yeah, I ended up watching it. It was shocking and gross, gaaaah. I don't get why people watch this every year. But I am somehow thankful that I got to watch it at least once. It's UP tradition after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment